Kurczaba & Associates, Immigration Attorneys, Chicago Immigration Law | News
This links to the home page

Our office is open - please call us by telephone or email to make an appointment.  

Call us at (773) 774-0000
Email us at info@kurczabalegal.com 

We look forward to continuing to assist you with your Immigration & Real Estate Matters.

News View All
  • Trump Immigration Restrictions Due to COVID19

    Trump announced new restrictions on immigration to the USA, this time expanding his previous travel ban to include workers on imimgrant visas and those with H-1, or J-1 visas.

    07/06/2018 | USCIS

    The Immigration Service issued a new policy memorandum listing that many new cases should be sent to Immigration Court for Deportation or Removal Proceedings.   The Immigration Service is now required to issue more NTA (Notice to Appear) directing a case to the Immigration Courts for furhter action.   This includes cases where an immigrant is accused of a crime, not only if they have a conviction; and importantly, this also includes situations where an applicant for Naturalization is denied because they lack good moral character.

Immigration View All
  • Visa Bulletin - Processing Dates Move Forward
    06/16/2020 | https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-bulletin/2020/visa-bulletin-for-july-2020.html

    The Visa Bulletin is avilable for July 2020 and shows movement for processing dates in many categories.  Please check your visa processing date and let us know if we can assist you in filing your next applications.  Thank you.

  • Student/ M-1/ J-1 Visa Holders Get Relief

    A Federal court has suspended USCIS negative policy memorandum which classified many F-1, J-1 and M-1 visa holders as unlawfully present in the US if they overstayed their visa or worked without authorization.  The Court stated that USCIS (Immigration) must TEMPORARILY continue their old policy which stated that holders of these visas were only detrermined to be out of status and acquiring unlawful presence when they were officially declared by an Immigation Officer or Judge.


Business Law
  • Waivers - What to Do Now?

    In anticipation of future potential changes, we recommend that persons eligible to file for waivers of any type - should do so now.

    Persons who are in the USA without a valid visa, may apply for a waiver provided that they have a US Citizen or Permanent Resident Spouse or Parent.